Destiny 2 is scheduled for server downtime today. All guardians should therefore take into account that they will not be able to gamble for a while tonight. MeinMMO keeps you informed during downtime and says what Bungie has planned.
What you need to know today: Today, November 15, Destiny 2 doesn’t just end “Telesto Week.” Server maintenance is also scheduled before the weekly reset.
Hotfix 220.127.116.11 is in the starting blocks and that means you’re facing a downtime tonight, where you can’t gamble.
While Bungie works on buggy Aethertank radio messages, MeinMMO will walk you through the update and update this article with new information. That way you don’t miss anything.
6:17 PM: The patch notes just went live. Below is the link that tells you what Bungie has changed in the update.
6:00 PM: Bungie is out of maintenance and the servers are coming back online. Hotfix 18.104.22.168 will be rolled out to all platforms and regions accordingly. The update size on PC is 604.9 MB.
5:40 PM: The Destiny 2 servers just went offline for the announced maintenance.
Here’s a recap of the most iconic moments from The Witch Queen DLC:
Maintenance on 15/11 – All times and server down
Before each update, Bungie announces downtimes when players are unable to gamble. We provide you with this information in our German time article. This way you can plan your game night in the best possible way.
All times in a row:
- At 17:00 German time, maintenance work will start in the background on all platforms.
- From 17:40 the servers will go offline and you will be automatically removed from all activities. So 5 minutes earlier than usual. Bungie is treating itself to 20 minutes of downtime today.
- The servers are expected to come back online around 6 PM and update 22.214.171.124 will be rolled out to all platforms. After downloading you can log back into the game.
- The maintenance ends at 7:00 PM.
Important: Even if you have downloaded the update and are back in the game, you may experience connectivity issues until the end of maintenance at 7:00 PM. You may also have to expect queues when logging in.
Also note that third-party applications and the official companion app may not be properly accessible for a while after the update.
This changes with update 126.96.36.199 in Season 18
With Season 19 kicking off in early December, Destiny 2 will continue to improve the Guardian’s abilities. Bungie doesn’t just mess with the Gunfighter. The other classes will also get changes to more balance in the new DLC Lightfall.
- For example, Bungie is adjusting the bonus base duration of the Enhanced Assault Grenade granted by Spark of Magnitude in Season 19.
- The Void Hunter gets more differentiated Shadowshot Supers: Dead Trap and the Moebius Quiver. Here the duration of the binding anchor is changed.
- Increased damage against PvE fighters of certain skills such as Ballistic Impact, Arc Soul, or Chain Lightning.
- The Stasis Hunter and Stasis Warlock get an additional fragment slot for Veil of Winter and Glacial Harvest.
- And other adjustments.
Today’s Hotfix 188.8.131.52 for Season 18, on the other hand, isn’t spectacular, as it likely only brings a minor update online and fixes known issues in the game.
Current list of currently known issues:
- There is an issue where players are not receiving all Aether Tank radio messages when playing as multiple characters.
- The season launch cutscene may have extremely low frame rates when viewed by players on the Epic Games Store.
- The legendary PsiOps Battlegrounds do not show matchmaking OFF.
- Weapons and UI elements may not load properly in some activities.
- Players may become blocked from season progression if they return to orbit too quickly.
- Cross-save links are currently temporarily disabled due to a bug.
- Tower loading times remain sluggish, despite a concurrent player limit of 16. Guardians will still need to resort to the HELM to get around this bug. Bounties can be purchased through the official Bungie app.
- Player name changes cannot be made through bungie.net. Players are still waiting for the ability to change their player name multiple times instead of just once.
Important note for Stadia users: Destiny 2 players whose main characters were created on Stadia will need to cross-save on another platform to avoid losing access to their characters after Stadia shuts down on January 18, 2023.
If you encounter any other issues in the game, it is recommended that you report them directly through the official Bungie Help forums to let the developers know about them as well.
Patch Notes for Hotfix 184.108.40.206 in Destiny 2
What’s in the patch notes? Bungie is publishing the comprehensive list of all changes in Hotfix 220.127.116.11 in the form of Patch Notes. Traditionally, this happens quite soon after the servers are back online.
Have you noticed other construction sites or problems in the game? Then leave a comment here on MeinMMO.