Boy George moves to the “jungle camp” – for a million dollars: record amount! | life & knowledge

Record amount for Boy George! |

He moves to the jungle camp for a million dollars

Well, the cockroaches will be happy with that…

After a three-year corona break and a stopover to Gwrych Castle in North Wales, the British jungle camp is also returning to the Australian bush. Earlier than us – and apparently with a real megastar!

Then: Culture Club icon Boy George (61, “Do You Really Want To Hurt Me”) would “I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!” for Season 22, according to DailyMail Online. have signed. he himself simultaneously secured the highest fee in the history of the show: about a million dollars!

An unnamed source at the private broadcaster ITV said according to the “Mail”: “It’s more than exciting that we’ve been able to bring in Boy George. It’s been a long time since we’ve had a major global star on the show and he’s bound to attract viewers,” the person said. “He’s a national treasure and we have no doubt the audience will make him king of the jungle. will vote.”

So far, only transgender reality star Caitlyn Jenner (72) has received a little more than half of Boy George’s fee, receiving around £500,000 ($573,000) for her participation in the 2019 show.

Here you will find content from Instagram

To interact with or display content from Instagram and other social networks, we need your consent.

The openly gay singer, whose real name is George Alan O’Dowd, is currently celebrating the 40th anniversary of Culture Club’s debut album “Kissing To Be Clever”. An opportune moment to be announced as a candidate for a British jungle camp in 2022.

He was due to go to Australia in November. The British are almost two months ahead of us in the Australian jungle – they are also firing near Murwillumbah.

Jungle exception for the pop vegan?

In April, the singer – reportedly a vegan for eight years – said on the Saturday night show “Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway” that he would dare to go into the jungle if his eating preferences were taken into account. .

Moderator duo Ant and Dec, who also moderate the British jungle camp, explained to the 80s icon: “If there’s a vegan version, I’ll be there!”

Here you will find content from Twitter

To interact with or display content from Twitter and other social networks, we need your consent.

But THAT can be difficult for the 61-year-old. Not only jungle fans have known it for a long time: the highlight of the show is the annual food tests! There will certainly be no exception for Boy George.

The network is still divided

Meanwhile, the first slight criticism of George’s participation is bubbling up online – though it hasn’t even been officially confirmed.

The reason for most is that the singer has had several conflicts with the law in the past. In 2009 he was sentenced to 15 months in prison for deprivation of liberty. The court found it proven that he held a Norwegian sex worker against his will and beat him with an iron bar.

In the spring of 2022, former Culture Club drummer Jon Moss accused him of cheating him out of £188,000 (€217,000) after touring a few years ago. The band eventually settled out of court with Moss.

There’s more LGBTQ news on facebook and up Instagram – now follow Queer BILD.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *