Another appeal for help from Dubai’s ruling family – woman and children in fear

Updated on 10/11/2022 at 3:27 PM

  • New appeal for help from Dubai’s ruling family.
  • After the alleged kidnapping of Princess Latifa, the ex-wife of a relative is now turning against the UN Human Rights Council.
  • She feared for her own safety and that of her children, she said.

More panorama themes can be found here

After the alleged kidnapping of Princess Latifa, Dubai’s ruling family made headlines again because of another member’s cry for help. Zeynab Javadli, ex-wife of a relative, called the UN Human Rights Council to ensure her own safety and that of her children, the BBC said on Tuesday.

An Emirati court had previously granted custody of the children to her ex-husband, Sheikh Saied bin Rashid Al Maktum. His uncle is the Emir of Dubai and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.

Javadli accuses the Emirati authorities of abusing, intimidating and intimidating her in the nearly three-year custody battle. In a video released by the BBC, the 31-year-old from Azerbaijan says: “My children and I are afraid and fear for our lives and safety.” She does not dare to leave the country for fear that her three daughters will be taken from her. According to the information, they are staying in a hotel in Dubai.

Javadli’s cry for help is not the first from Dubai’s ruling family

Javadli’s cry for help is not the first from Dubai’s ruling family. Princess Latifa, allegedly abducted by her relatives, once turned to British broadcaster BBC with a video. In it, she said she was being held in a villa as a prison.

In an attempt to escape, she was allegedly forcibly returned to Dubai in 2018. Earlier this year, the daughter of the Emir of Dubai said she was doing well. Photos on the Internet showed how they traveled through Europe. However, there are still doubts about the portrayal of her life in freedom and self-determination.

An ex-wife of the emir also fled to London and fought a custody battle there. Princess Haja stated that she had received death threats in Dubai. Earlier this year, the London Supreme Court awarded her sole custody of their children. (pack/dpa)
© dpa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *